ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Some musings
Thread: Some musings
View Single Post

eliza4one

Old 03-26-2020, 05:40 PM

I wonder how families with children stuck at home are doing. Are they seeing it as a rare opportunity or as a hardship? Is it getting more difficult or easier as the days pass?No children at home, but I was a SAHM and those were some of the happiest years of my life.

I wonder how people who live by themselves are coping with the situation. Are they at peace with it or are they climbing the walls?Ha. I may as well be alone. My DH is home, but he has quite the boring routine...so I keep myself busy, happy, and occupied with my own things. We get along wonderfully, he is just more of a lay on the couch/bed and watch t.v. or read all day. I am the complete opposite. Plus, I'm remote teaching.

I wonder if people who never cooked before are now learning to do so. I wonder if those who already cook are finding new creative recipes with the more limited items on hand.I'm definitely cooking more. Not creative, per se. Complicated recipes give me anxiety. Just comfort foods. Crock pot meals, apple crisp, homemade soups. Feels good, though!

I wonder if people will have lost weight or have gained weight by the time all this is over.Gained. For sure!

I wonder if homes are cleaner or dirtier now. Exact same. Cleaning is at the very bottom of my list of things to do. I'll do anything to avoid it.

I wonder if people now appreciate more what others do for them, like the childcare employees, the teachers, the housekeepers, the truck drivers, the store employees, etc., etc., etc.I've always been a very appreciative person, so I don't think that has changed.
eliza4one is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net