ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - writing workshop
View Single Post

silpada girl

new books
Old 08-10-2009, 05:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Wow, I love these books. This is sort of what I am looking for in a writers workshop. I love all the writing incorporated and I love her philosophy about grading writing. I always have a difficult time grading writing. I believe good writers develop over a long period of time. If i can teach them a few strategies that carry over to the next grades, I feel pretty good.

I know you teach fourth, but I teach fifth. I only teach SS and Ela. My ELA block incorporates reading, writing, grammar, vocab. It is very difficult to fit everything in. I was wondering if you are familiar with the Daily and whether or not you think this would be worth pursuing, I find that some of these formats would be better suited for the younger grades. We are trying to get our kids ready for the middle school, so we try to organize our classes in that format. We do alot of group work, but there are no stations. I don't want to take off more than I can chew. I would love to teach reading in a workshop format, too, but that is a whole other story. We use the HM basal, which is quite boring for the students. I don't think it does a great job honing in on the skills being taught. Do you know of any books that deal with readers workshop similar to the writing books you have mentioned? thanks for your help....I know this is alot
silpada girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net