ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Love Kindergarten but stressed like no other..
View Single Post

bboopboop

I know how you feel...
Old 03-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am a new teacher and I am also teaching k. I teach both am and pm and have a total of 37 students. That means I prep for 37 kids, do 37 report cards, correct 37 hw packets, etc. I really really love K and I know it's where I want to be. It can be very overwhelming at times and I feel as though my patience has started to dwindle. The hours are never ending. I feel as though I could live in my classroom and still be behind. I have talked with other k teachers and they have reassured me that it gets easier.
It's hard not having another class to compare. I am at a private school so it's just me in K. I think as long as you are being a positive role model who sparks their interest in learning, teachers them to share, follow rules, work together as well as get as much academics in as possible then you are doing fine. There is no way as new teachers we will cover all the expected academics out first year. It's just too hard. Pick a subject area and master it each year. In a few years you will rock it!
Keep your head up and just think back to where they were at the beginning of the school year. You have come so far I am sure!!! If you want I can give you my email and we can share ideas. I have a pinterest account with some cute K ideas. My name is bboopboop
Good luck
bboopboop is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net