ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Next years letter of intent
View Single Post

Kinderkr4zy

Next years letter of intent
Old 12-13-2015, 08:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Ignore this if you've seen it elsewhere since I think I'll post it in a few places.

So it's my understanding...not that I'm sure because I'm not... That many schools have teachers sign a letter of intent to return next year around February. Is it ok to sign this even if your looking for something else?

I actually plan to leave my current school if possible to find a better fit and a school the pays for induction/btsa costs since my current job farms new teachers out the local teachers college and they have to pay thousands a year for the 2 year program and I can't afford it.

Also I remember when I was applying for jobs last year that many postings expected a letter of recommendation from the current principal. How do you ask you P for this and not fear reprisal? I mean just becuase I'm applying doesn't mean I'll get anything so I don't want to set myself up for a non renewal in case I'm stuck there for another year-I'm a single mom so I can't afford to loose my job and just be a sub since I wouldn't make any money all summer or over breaks.

Last edited by Kinderkr4zy; 12-13-2015 at 03:38 PM..
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net