ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Has anyone gotten UI after their districts posted sub jobs?
View Single Post

Sirsubalot

Old 09-17-2020, 01:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My future of EDD claim is yet to be determined, but I am envious of those who have not been offered work. One of my three districts has started to offer work.

My largest district will not permit me to accept jobs because I have not had the training, and they will not train subs who have not been selected by a school. Therefore, although jobs do appear once and a while, I have an alibi since I am not allowed to accept them.

My smallest district said they probably will not need us for awhile, and nothing has been available.

My middle district gave us very scant training for 90 minutes where I learned very little, but I have been allowed to accept jobs since September 2. I only accept special ed jobs where there is an aide to help out online, because I am not yet comfortable. I have been offered work five days in a row, and I am scheduled for three more jobs over the next three weeks. Unfortunately, I have already turned down two assignments totaling five days, as well as an assignment for today.

I earn $362 per week from EDD, but I have already earned $375 this week.

The question that I need answered is " How much money earned disqualifies me from getting an extension?
EDD provided a link for an extension with the $300 stimulus, but I am afraid I am earning too much to be granted an extension. I am also afraid I will not get the retroactive $300 per week, if I am not granted an extension.

Our sub coordinator warned us about not taking that are offered.

I am damned if I do and damned if i don't, which is why those who have not yet been offered jobs are the fortunate ones who will have much more money at the end of the year.

Last edited by Sirsubalot; 09-18-2020 at 12:41 PM..
Sirsubalot is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net