ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Observations/Meetings
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 01-09-2021, 08:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think when we're remote, admins find themselves with less to do and therefore more time for observing . We've had so many new people for P to focus on that I became accustomed to not having walkthroughs. When we went remote, P started popping into my and my veteran teammates' zooms, and also showing up in things like team meetings.

It's actually been okay, because in our eval system, once something is "marked off" from an observation, those points are yours for the year. Our end of year eval isn't based on an average of observations or anything like that. So, more evals= more opportunities to get points. I'm feeling much better about the fact that most things are marked off before I've even had my one formal eval this year.

I was a little perturbed that my AP, who is not my evaluator, came to my zoom yesterday. He stayed the whole time and then didn't say a word to me- no email, nothing in our eval system. My teammate said he did the same thing to her like 4 weeks ago, so I don't think anything is coming either. Why bother coming if you're not going to say anything?? Feels creepy to me.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net