ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Observations/Meetings
View Single Post

booklady57

I know you are feeling over managed
Old 01-11-2021, 03:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

but, this online thing is new for administrators also. They are probably trying to get a handle on how things are working for both teachers and students. And, of course, they are needing to adjust their own thinking about how to do their own jobs--including teacher evaluations.

How comfortable are you with admin? Could you have a private chat with one of them to express your unhappiness with the observation schedule? Be sure to offer some concrete positive suggestions for what changes would help. Do they even know how often they are each in the class? Does one know what the others are doing?

I would try to find the positives in the situation if possible. When you see administrators in your class, can the students see them? Can you include them in class discussions or activities? Can you send them private messages asking them to monitor a particular student or activity that you could use input on? And then follow up later with questions about what they observed?

Make them feel like they are welcomed and appreciated, even if they aren't! It will pay off in the end.

All that said, I am truly sorry you feel so pressured. This has been a very tough year!

booklady57 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net