ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Remote learning - motivation
View Single Post

jazzer

Old 01-13-2021, 04:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Many districts in my area and other areas did mostly asymchronous learning back in March and when they realized that some remote learning would have to happen this school year, they changed it to full synchronous schools days just like at regular school with part of each class being asynchronous time with students being required to stay in the zoom call or meet, or whatever platform each district is using.

I think all asynchronous learning for an extended period of time is definitely not good for students. If districts have to be remote, and many should be if numbers are really high in their areas, they should have mostly synchronous school days so the students get some socialization and teacher assistance.

My district is the way I described as being the way I think it should be done.

My district is doing an excellent job with making it as close to in person school as you can get without being there. The parents were polled and 90 percent feel that their children are doing well with it and are not falling behind. It is a somewhat affluent district though. We have been remote since last March but will be moving to hybrid learning in a couple of weeks.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net