ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - High School Social Work Job advice, please!
View Single Post

GraceKrispy

Old 11-07-2016, 04:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Welcome to the board (and to PT)!!! I agree with eeza, you have some fantastic experience that is really valuable to a high school. I also agree with eeza on the things you should familiarize yourself with.

Also, I would see what else you can find out about that particular high school. Then think about how your skills and experience can be put to good use. For example, if the school in question has a drug problem, how can your skill set be beneficial? Of course you have to be careful how you present this-- you don't want to focus on the problems the school is having. But try to personalize a little "sell" to the school so you can fit that stuff in when you get the chance.

Look up the facts about the school on the district web site. The more you know about the school and the programs they use and the issues they face, and the more you can sell yourself as a great addition to the team, the better your chances are.

Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net