ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Student concern not sure what to do
View Single Post
Mteachertrav

Mteachertrav

Student concern not sure what to do
Old 01-23-2018, 04:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,
I am extremely concerned about one of my students and not sure what to do. This comes especially in light of recent events. I have an eight grader that is exhibiting extremely disturbing behaviors and my administration has brushed it all off.
In LA he wrote an assignment that contained a lot of violence. The students were asked to predict what could happen this year and he talked about school shootings. Many of his writing pieces discuss shooting and violence. He is obsessed with weapons. Today I found a folder of his that had drawings of nooses, knives and guns. This isn't the first drawing of weapons either. He has also been found drawing hate speech, swastikas s around the star of David. For that, he received a couple of detentions and was laughing and bragging to other students.
He is very withdrawn and does no work. He does not seem to think any rules apply to him and has no remorse. I am legitimately concerned his behavior may escalate to something violent, but admin does not. Any advice?

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net