ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Need HELP with idea for Demo Lesson, 8:1:2 K-1 self contained
View Single Post

mrsfrules

Need HELP with idea for Demo Lesson, 8:1:2 K-1 self contained
Old 06-11-2010, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

HI there,

I have been working as a 4th grade coteacher for 2 years and my position is ending. I have a demo lesson this week in a self-contained K-1 class. I have not spoken to the classroom teacher, but spoke at length the the speech therapist. The students are mostly autistic and speech / language disabled. Their DRA levels range from A- 18. The lesson needs to be 15-20 minutes long, and I want to show them that I am knowledgeable in ABA practices, but can also create a lesson that will engage the small group. The principal is a big fan of the workshop model, and would like to see children prepared for this in possible future mainstreaming. The teacher works with the class in 3 different groups for reading, so if I could come up with a short poem or something to do whole class as shared reading (with lots of visuals) and then perhaps have 3 tiered activities to gove to the groups, it would work. At the outset, I could give the children charts with 3 boxes and give them stikers as each step of the lesson is completed: the listening, then shared reading, and then the independent work. This is just so far off my radar, I'm not sure what materials to use and what skills to work on. Any input would be TREMENDOUSLY appreciated!

mrsfrules is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net