ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do you have a Cricut machine?
View Single Post

tchrrx

Old 08-08-2017, 05:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have a Cricut and absolutely love it! I have the Explore Air 2. A lot of people chose this one because it's able to be used with bluetooth. Personally I like to design on my laptop, so it isn't that big of a deal to hook it to the machine. If you use an iPad a lot though, that feature would be great for you.

I started off purchasing it to make bulletin board letters and that's about it. Now I've learned to make figures that are 3 feet tall. My classroom theme is Toy Story, so I have 3 foot tall characters made from paper all around my room. I've also cut vinyl to make t-shirts for vacation and window cling to label my white board. With the Explore Air, I can also use pens to label things. My kids' 'welcome back' envelopes have never been so cute!

There is a learning curve, but if you begin with paper projects (Joann's and Hobby Lobby often have the card stock packets on sale), it's really not that expensive of a learning curve.

Check out Facebook Cricut for the Classroom-official page and Cricut Newbies and Pros for Explore. They'll give you just a taste of everything this machine can do.

Note: When you first purchase, you'll get a month's free subscription to Cricut Access. This is a great chance to cut a lot of stuff if you have time. After that, don't feel like you have to buy anything. I've managed to find everything free online. The machine could cost you a lot if you purchase files, but it doesn't have to.
tchrrx is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net