ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Art Teacher suggestions
View Single Post

eguilbeau

Help!
Old 07-30-2006, 01:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Gosh, you sound so organized and prepared. I am usually that way too, but just don't know where to start with the lesson plans. I will have 3rd through 6th grades and guess I have questions about coming up with lessons that are age appropriate. I definitely want to teach the same concepts to each grade at the same time, but different lessons for each grade level. How would you plan a lesson, 3rd grade drawing for example, and progress through grade 6 to teach age appropriate lessons? I would love any suggestions you might be able to provide. Also, I have ideas for motivational techniques for classroom behavior. For example, I want to do an "artist of the month" (or 6 weeks) bulletin board where I will post a picture and artwork of a famous artist. On this same board, I will also have my chosen "artist of the month" from each grade level. These will be students that I hand pick based on class performance, etc and part of the honor of being student of the month will be getting to choose the music/theme for our end of the 6 weeks free day where we will do fun art (making bracelets, spin art, etc) My question is, how will i be able to keep them motivated and aware of their status.....i will only have the students once a week so it won't be as easy to accrue points/colored stars/etc. Any ideas?
eguilbeau is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net