ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How much is too much?
View Single Post

PeaceLoveRun

How much is too much?
Old 09-18-2019, 03:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm new to my district, but not a new teacher. I've had my credential almost 20 years. This is my 6th year in Kindergarten. I've been working since early August and still have not gotten paid, but that's beside the point. I am required as a new teacher to do all these new teacher things and it's starting to really bug. First I had to go to an entire week of new teacher trainings, including one that was nothing more than us riding around in the bus looking at all the schools and restaurants in the town. Then I had to go to the regular district trainings. Then staff meetings, all before school started, 2 weeks worth. Then I have to meet with PLC about 3 times a week after school. Then I had to call a sub so I could go to another new teacher training that taught me everything I learned in my credential program 20 years ago. Then I had to go to a 2/1 interview with my principal and the assistant superintendent as a welcome to the district where they asked me all these personal questions about home/work balance and my history, etc., then presented me with a pamphlet about the district and an ink pen, then I got an email today that I am required to attend another new teacher banquet dinner in the late evening, no guests allowed, just me and other new teachers, so we can eat dinner with our admin and the board. Personally, I don't want to spend that much time outside of school, at school. My family is important and I don't see them nearly enough as it is. I don't have easy access to childcare and my husband works nights. It's just really frustrating!

PeaceLoveRun is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net