ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Any sub planning to enroll to buy health insurance
View Single Post

NJSubteacher

Old 08-20-2013, 02:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I would love to make enough money as a sub to be able to afford the health insurance being offered. I have already used the Kaiser Foundation online calculator and assure you that the cheapest plans at least in NJ start around $225 per month. It's not affordable care when you're on substitute pay. If your state has medicaid expansion available, you may qualify for that, but then again, may not if someone else in your household makes decent money. (One of the many potential unfair issues with this train-wreck law). Thousands of businesses and school districts are already promising to limit employees to less than 30 hrs per week to avoid paying penalties. This would be a disaster to subs all over the country and the economy over-all. I hope and pray that Obama Care is delayed or repealed altogether because as it is written, I promise you that it will destroy over half of the full time jobs in this country across all industries! This would be a disaster bad enough to cause another Great Depression. The smartest thing for us subs to do right now is sign up with at least 2 districts, so that you wont be forced down to 4 days per week. You will have another district to fall back on and get that 5th day in. Also, make sure you vote against any politician who supports Obama Care in November. I am not making this up....I was watching LIVE Congress hearings on CNBC and they had reps from hundreds of school districts vowing to reduce hours for substitute teachers, para-professionals, and classroom assts. NOT GOOD!!
NJSubteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net