ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - No Counter?
Thread: No Counter?
View Single Post

MissESL

No Counter?
Old 09-19-2019, 12:59 PM

So, some may remember that I began searching for a house about 6 months ago. You all gave excellent advice, and so...I need more!

I made an offer on a house in the early part of Summer. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out. I’ve been searching faithfully and finally found one I love. It’s a nice house in a nice neighborhood. The price was not outlandish, and I asked $9,000 below asking price. My realtor did not think that was unreasonable, and both of us were hoping/expecting to land somewhere in the middle after negotiation. It’s common to pad your house price, so it’s kind of expected. The house is officially listed and I’ve seen it twice.

He did not counter. He said the sign wasn’t in the yard yet, and they’re going to Texas for a week, so he doesn’t know what he wants to do. The realtor said basically with “no counter” he is saying he wants to stay at his list price and expects me to come up.

I expected to come up, and was willing to come up about $5,000 over the negotiation process...but I also expected him to come down a little in the process, too?

I don’t even know what to think about this. I don’t know if I want to make a higher offer considering he did not counter at all. It also feels like fighting dirty, and I won’t do that.

Please give me your view on this.
Thank you so much!

MissESL is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net