ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - No Counter?
Thread: No Counter?
View Single Post

GraceKrispy

Old 09-19-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Pooh Bear is right. Thereís no script for how this goes. Both parties are free to offer, counteroffer, decline, wait for better offers, etc. You were hoping you would be able to meet in the middle. Thatís all, just a hope. The seller is not playing dirty, not doing anything wrong. When I sold my house, I had several offers. I waited and got my asking price.
Completely agree with the PPs. It's not playing dirty, it's giving you feedback on what the seller is feeling. Think of this from their perspective- they asked a price and they are probably hoping to get it, and you gave a lower price and they've barely even put the house on the market. They probably want to see what else gets offered. Of course they want the best price they can get, just like you do. They may not feel the inflated the original price.

Good luck! Buying and selling houses is SO stressful and full of unknowns. If you love the house, you might want to give another offer and bring your price up. Or find another house. It's disappointing not to get a counter, but it happens and now you know a bit more about where the seller is sitting.

GraceKrispy is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net