ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - When you just don't love teaching anymore
View Single Post

Jagger87

When you just don't love teaching anymore
Old 09-03-2018, 04:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is my fourth year teaching and Iíve recently decided that I think it will be my last. I canít take the heartache of continuously getting bad evaluations because half of my students do not speak English at all and test scores are not weighted where I teach. I also am honestly just tired of working at such a high stress level and then struggling to pay bills with what little chump change I make. The stress would be worth it if I made a decent salary and vice versa. Iím wondering, have any of you found another job that pays better with your teaching degree? I also will be finished with my masters in ed leadership by the end of this school year and am thinking about looking for an assistant principal position. Iím also open to a new career completely outside of education. My heart just isnít in it anymore. Please give me advice!! I want to start a family of my own soon and need to make a decent salary. TIA.

Jagger87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net