ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Summertime Memories: Water Fun
View Single Post

lv2read

Water Fun
Old 07-17-2017, 08:24 AM

In my family, we always enjoyed playing in the water. You name it, sprinklers, bath tubs, lakes, local swimming pool and or water balloons. We were more than likely playing with one or more of these during the summer.

One particular summer I will never forget, my older brothers decided to make a slip and slide in our backyard. They set up large tarps the width of our backyard with sprinkler hoses along the sides. (flat hoses with lots of small holes the length of the hose) We turned on the water, ran and flopped down on our bellies or bottoms and slid down the length of the yard. It was a perfect way to cool off. My sister and I had slathered our bodies with coco butter in hopes of getting a tan (oh the horror) so we discovered that we slid very well down the slide. This came in handy when we decided that the slide just wasn't long enough. Our family had purchased more acreage behind our house and had removed the fence. So we turned the slide towards what used to be the field behind our backyard which sloped down. This made our day all the more fun as we gained some speed going downhill.

Needless to say, we all were sunburned and had pink bellies from the day of rubbing and flopping on our bellies. Gotta love the summer memories!
lv2read is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net