ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Thoughtless parents
View Single Post

Tiamat

Thoughtless parents
Old 06-26-2020, 03:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We have had no cases of Covid in my town since late March/early April. School is rolling along pretty much as normal, with normal attendance. Activities outside school are cancelled and nobody from "outside" is allowed on the grounds, but we can run a school day. There are still cases in Sydney and Melbourne, which is having a bit of a spike at the moment, so we certainly aren't out of the woods.

One of my little girls had most of this week off, and returned yesterday(Friday), telling me all about her trip to... Melbourne. Damn it. Reported it to the Assistant Principal (Principal is home sick with what is probably his usual winter asthma, but waiting for Covid results before coming back) and there is no protocol for this. However, he advised that at the first "sneeze, fart or sniffle" I was to send her home straight away. Her brother's teacher got the same instructions. She was her usual delightful self all day, so she stayed but seriously, parents? You don't take your kids into what could be a "hot spot" (for us) and then send them back to school!

Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net