ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How to leave sub notes about students with mental health issue in Gen
View Single Post

Kinderkr4zy

How to leave sub notes about students with mental health issue in Gen
Old 02-14-2016, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I will need a sub twice next week for trainings. I have only had a sub one other time this year-also for a training but the school-knowing the issues of my student allowed my para (who I usually only get for an hour a day) to stay in the class all day and basically be the students one on one. This isn't a possibility this time.

So, here is the gist. My student is possibly ED but the parents refuse behavioral/mental health assessment. He is special ed For speech only right now, but as a special Ed student he has a lot of rights and things have to be done by the book. There are worries that we could be found out of compliance with child find over this. The district has even be contacting lawyers about how to proceed with this student who can't function in Gen Ed, is special Ed but the parents refuse assessment or special Ed services for his emotional/behavioral needs. It's a hot mess basically.

I have to keep data for his behavior near constantly but, for confidentiality reasons I'm not sure how to explain how to do this but not violate confidentiality. I also need the subs to know protocol for extreme behaviors but again how do I explain this and explain when protocols are enacted without disclosing a bit. In the notes I have I bolded info about this student and not touching him or pulling him by the hand if he refuses to leave the room and to never be left alone in the room with him but what else should/can I say and without violating confidentiality.

Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net