ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How to leave sub notes about students with mental health issue in Gen
View Single Post

eeza

sub notes for EDish kid
Old 02-14-2016, 07:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Quote:
parents refuse assessment or special Ed services for his emotional/behavioral needs
Has the refusal been put into writing? If so, then the parents cannot come back and say that they didn't know about the district's concerns. However, a district can get a lawyer to get the kid tested.

Quote:
I have to keep data for his behavior near constantly but, for confidentiality reasons I'm not sure how to explain how to do this but not violate confidentiality.
Can another para sub for your para and take the data? At least the para would have had experience taking data before (or that would be my hope).

Quote:
I also need the subs to know protocol for extreme behaviors
Where I am, any kid can have a behavior plan whether or not he is ED. If there is one, leave it for the sub. It should be pretty simple where it wouldn't talk about past history and other confidential things (i.e., trauma, abuse, diagnoses, etc). It should just be factual. If there isn't one, maybe one should be drafted.

Hope this helps!
eeza is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net