ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - How to leave sub notes about students with mental health issue in Gen
View Single Post

Kinderkr4zy

No para time
Old 02-14-2016, 10:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

For my half day sub Wednesday there is no para at all since paras for the school are morning only unless special permissions are given and the para agrees to work late...which she doesn't this time. Friday it's still just an hour in the morning. We are actually short subs for the day so paras and everyone else will be stretched thin..otherwise known as just another day at the office

Also no one but me knows how to keep the data, since no one but me has ever done it. They just expect me to be made of awesomeness all the time and to do it myself while teaching 23 kinders . So even if we got the para time for the full day on Friday the para still wouldn't know how to take data and has never done so.

The parent did refuse in writing however apparently there was a similar situation at another school in the district last year, the parent signed the refusal then turned around and sued and won so everyone is feeling very nervous about this situation.

Should I just lay it out there with the facts. If this happens that is what you do, do this to prevent him from doing that, don't call on him or pressure him to participate or do anything that might piss him off. If he refuses to to leave the room for lunch or recess do this. Never ever do A,B or C.

Take data on the attached forms to document the the type of behavior, the time, the durration. On the attached form fill out his success in the appropriate box for type of desired behavior and the time, be sure to do this in double so that one copy can be sent home.

Is it that simple...is that saying too much?
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net