ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Happy for my own mental health!
View Single Post

eeza

psych questions
Old 03-25-2016, 08:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Hey BenSullens! I can help you out as best I can, but my approach may be very different compared to others. With that being said, here it goes....

1) I approach it as an IEP team because I realize that I don't have knowledge in all areas. I do have the power to qualify (or not qualify) for students in a certain area. If a kid doesn't meet the eligibility criteria, then that's it...it's not a team decision. Placement, goals, etc is a team decision and I really feel that all voices should be heard. My interactions with the student are considerably less than others because, other than some counseling, my primary role is testing.

I don't feel I am the special education god, but I know that my title holds more weight than other team members. I don't abuse that though. I respect my colleagues and value their opinion.

2) I keep my recommendations brief just because I feel if it's in my report, then it needs to be done. My recommendations tend to be ones that can be easily put into the IEP and implemented by the teacher. They really are just good teaching practices, just pumped up a bit. I don't quote research because I make my reports parent-friendly since they are my audience. Going on and on about sample sizes and standard error of measurement would put anyone to sleep.

Does that help? Do you have any other questions?

eeza is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net