ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Certification in Florida
View Single Post

angel88

angel88

same here
Old 10-15-2017, 01:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

i am also doing ECE, but i will finish next year with a BA.the next step in florida to teach in an elementary school setting is to have a BA.and you must take FOUR state exams; FTCE general knowledge, professional education test, and two subject areas preschool education (birth-4) and prekindergarten/primary pk-3 in order to get the state license.here is the link so you can get more information about each test http://www.fl.nesinc.com/tests.asp.

if you are not ready to take the exams you can apply for a 3 year temporary certificate, which will give you time to gain experience and to study.if you want to stick to working in florida, focus on their requirements because comparing to other students will confuse you.

the dcf 45 hours is if you want to teach in a daycare setting, that is an entirely different process, which you would need to go through on the DCF website.some of their requirements can be replaced because you do have the AA.but they are more stricter with what they want.so you can visit your nearest DCF location (which i think is better and you can have all your questions answered) or just go through the website.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net