ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Spent 30K on Teaching Degree, Now Subbing Again
View Single Post

cassie99

Old 10-23-2017, 06:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

First of all, Iím sorry that no one advised you while you were seeking a masters degree program. Mine cost me $6,000 over two years and paid for itself in salary advancement due to the units moving me over on the schedule. Best money I ever spent.

I agree that teaching isnít for everyone, but I hope youíre not basing your decision on this one horrible position (it does sound horrible!).

If you enjoy subbing and have the classroom management/teaching skills that this requires, then I encourage you to find another job in another District. I donít think the way you are describing the job is the norm at all.

On the other hand, if you enjoy the freedom of walking out the door at the end of the day with no additional responsibilities, can afford to work for the subís daily rate, and can get your health benefits elsewhere, maybe thatís a great plan!

No one forced you to take out that much in student loans, though. You knew what you were doing the whole time. One of the greatest benefits of an education (barring any disabling head injuries) is that nobody can take it away from you. So you canít return something permanent - like a tattoo!

Good luck with whatever you choose- be optimistic that thereís something out there for you!
cassie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net