ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Professional Development for Teachers
View Single Post

Marcee

Old 05-08-2019, 06:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Quote:
First off, has professional development courses helped you become more confident in your teaching style?
Some have, and some haven't. It depends on the content and the presentation, and whether or not the material is relevant to my grade level.

Quote:
Also, do you think you should be responsible for ongoing development or do you think the district you work for should be responsible for ensuring all teachers continue to learn and absorb new techniques for their classrooms?
I think the school district has a duty to provide access to professional development, either in-district, or out of district, and offer to offset all or some of the cost. I am not talking about flying from Ohio to Hawaii, but rather neighboring districts, etc.
I think it's the teacher's responsibility to look at the offerings and decide which ones to attend. One caveat--if a principal sees a particular session that would benefit a teacher for a specific area (I am thinking a teacher that really needs help with classroom management, for example), then the principal should pay the teacher's way, and highly encourage him/her to do it.
Marcee is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net