ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Organizing k teaching materials-help!
View Single Post

iteachk2010

Old 09-15-2019, 05:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I got rid of my teacher desk years ago because I needed the space. Like PP, I have the multi-drawer cart behind me. I also have the short three drawer cart on the side of me.

My one cart has 10 drawers on left and 5 drawers on the right. The top five drawers on the left are designated by day. Each of those drawers has a daily file folder with any papers needed for that specific day, books to read... and smaller materials needed for that day's lessons. The bottom five drawers on the left hold supplies: 1. game supplies-playing pieces/spinners/dice/counters/plastic sheet protectors, 2. markers-permanent, watercolor, vis a vis and colored dry erase/crayons/highlighters, 3. glue/scotch tape/clear packing tape/paper clips/rubberbands/magnetic tape, 4. stickers/certificates/ribbons/ punch cards/stamps/small prizes, and 5. tools-hammer, screwdrivers, safety pins/batteries/rubber gloves. The five deep drawers on the right side hold the bigger materials by subject-math, reading, writing, intervention, and science/social studies. There is room on the top for a dish pan that holds the various manipulatives I use with small groups and a file organizer that holds different forms.

I store my decodable books and leveled readers in the three drawer cart. I have a caddy with scissors, pens/pencils, post-it notes and a small basket with dry erase markers and erasers on top of that.

The student chairs at my small group table have chair pockets where we store dry erase boards.

I hope this helps.
Attached Images

Sign in to view image. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
iteachk2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net