ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Time saving tips
View Single Post

Mikhail

When taking roll
Old 07-29-2016, 11:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Ok, I just realized that this is my 200th post. So this only works once you know your kids and how many you're supposed to have officially registered & if you have a seating chart. So as I stand at the doorway and greet them, I count. If I find people missing, I check their assigned seats and make a note on my roll. It also works if you got an exact number of "fliers" to pass out at the door as students make their way to their seats. I thank flight attendants for this idea. I know it can be a little difficult if you're not in the habit of standing at your door to supervise the hallway during passing or transition times. It's about presence of mind too.

About grading, I find that rubrics are a good way to guide your marking/grading. In my indecisiveness sometimes, I didn't realize how much time I've wasted on grading papers. Plus rubrics helps set reinforce a standard. If its objective answers, multiple-choice answers should be recorded on bubble/scantron sheets. They need not go through a scantron machine so what I do is using a page protector, I use a soluble marker to make a key and use it to match with their answers. Within seconds, it's easy to tally!

Last edited by Mikhail; 07-29-2016 at 12:00 PM..
Mikhail is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net