ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Need some cheering up...
View Single Post

kidsrterrific

Rusty
Old 07-26-2019, 05:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I went into an instant retirement after 30 years and know just how you feel. I have felt the same way, especially since I really loved teaching. Itís been 4 years now.

Like a previous poster mentioned, I realized that much of it was the structure of the days I needed. We moved over an hour away from my old school so helping out there wasnít an option. Subbing wasnít for me as I realized that the schools close by had less rigid requirements on lesson plans (sometimes none for a particular subject) and often had no seating charts making substituting more difficult. However, it is perfect for some.

It took me a long time but I finally found my niche by joining a fitness center, becoming involved in Bible study, started roller- skating again, work part time at a learning center, and tutor students that have been homeless. I also started reading again and am checking into a refresher German course (my step-daughter lives there) and taking some classes at the community college.

I really had to push myself because I am an introvert (who always has had extroverted friends) and am more of a homebody.

I hope that I have helped some. It just takes awhile.
kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net