ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Lenten Season
Thread: Lenten Season
View Single Post

Mishellee99

Lenten Season
Old 02-26-2020, 03:57 PM

It has been a very long time since I have posted on ProTeacher and really have missed all of the interaction with other teachers.

So, I thought I would share my experience today on Ash Wednesday and kicking off Lent. First of all, it's probably been almost 24-25 years since I have went to church on Ash Wednesday so I decided a couple days ago I would make it a priority to go today before work.

It was such an amazing experience especially seeing all of the students singing along to the songs and being very reflective and prayerful during Mass. It brought back a lot of memories when I was a student at the school.

Also, I decided a couple days ago that I would give up Facebook for Lent as I'm always on it every day and post way too many times updates about my life and sharing with others. It really has been consuming my life so I chose today to be a new start and even though it's been hard to get through today not looking at it I did it.

The other thing I'm giving up is Outlook on my phone as we use that for work email and I feel like I'm always checking emails after school hours which should be time spent with my husband. Of course, it won't be much of a sacrifice because I have been thinking about doing that for awhile.

Anyway, just thought I would share that this will be my new form of social media until April can't wait to come back to this amazing group.

Mishellee99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net