ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Confused about all the “schools closed” posts
View Single Post

kidsrterrific

Naperville, Illnois
Old 03-23-2020, 12:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I have mentioned before that I tutor several students in this district for a non-for profit organization.

This teacher takes attendance every morning, sends out an email with the schedule for the students for the day. This even includes a snack time where students can see and interact each other. The teacher has read books orally that they listen to them at a certain time, - there is an entire curriculum. It has had a few glitches for the students getting in on their Net Books to a particular program once in a while but that’s about it. There are also times for questions.

It’s almost like they are in the classroom all day long except they’re doing everything remotely at home.

The students I tutor have a phonetics reading teaching who touches base with them every day and gives them activities. She also touches base with the parents.

Both teachers have given their phone numbers and will contact parents at any time.

The homeroom teacher has mentioned meetings and has had to rearrange a couple times where the class has plan to meet online together. I’m not sure if she has online meetings or if she’s actually traveling to the building. Since Illinois went on lockdown Saturday night my guess is that her meetings are now online.

I was quite amazed that this plan was set into action. I fully expected that my students would be just sitting at home.
kidsrterrific is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net