ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Time management
Thread: Time management
View Single Post

Mshope

The Norm
Old 10-04-2018, 01:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This hard has been particularly grueling so far. We are just getting bombarded with time consuming things to all of a sudden need to do. I handle it the way I always have. I come in EARLY. No one is really in the building so I am not interrupted much. The copying machine is free and I can set things up for the day.

The other way I try to cut down on work is by using technology. I feel that emailing parents is quicker than calling and playing phone tag. I also do some programs where I can have the computer score the quiz or whatever. Of course, the multiple choice is frowned on but I can use that data to drive instruction. When I grade a paper exit slip or something, it takes me hours to figure out who need remediation. Of course, setting up the technology also takes time but I try to avoid scoring multiple choice as much as possible. Can the kids help make the anchor charts? Can you buy or use free ones from TPT?

I leave on time. There are too many distractions after school so I get out fast. I do work a little at home but only on certain night. Now, on the weekend, I do use Sunday as partly a work and planning day.
Mshope is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net