ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - A few more questions about a special ed position
View Single Post

musicmeg222

A few more questions about a special ed position
Old 02-10-2019, 07:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I was recently hired as a special ed teacher to finish off the school year for a teacher who had to leave. I'm hoping this will be a great learning experience and I can sign a contract for next school year.

I'm going to attend orientation in the next day or so and I have a ton of questions I need to ask. I'm assuming this orientation will be very 'general' rather than relating to my specific position. Does everyone think I will be able to ask many questions after orientation, or would there be a better time (and group of people) to ask instead?

Also, I have a BS and MA degrees, but they're not in teaching. I was told that I can complete certification while I'm teaching and become certified. Since I'm not certified now, and there currently is no special ed teacher other than myself, am I able to write IEP's on my own? They have been started from the previous teacher, but I will need to keep track of due dates and complete them for the end of the school year.

Any other tips and suggestions anyone can provide? Thanks for the help!

musicmeg222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net