ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - New Special Ed Postion
View Single Post

musicmeg222

New Special Ed Postion
Old 03-01-2019, 06:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am starting a special ed position - inclusion on Monday. I will be taking over until the end of the year for a teacher who had to move out of state.

I'm feeling pretty comfortable with things and I think it will go well. I'm hoping to become as prepared as possible and do as well as I can, so I can renew my contract for next year and not have to worry about applying for positions at other schools. I also want to use my planning period as best as I can too.

I have some experience with IEPs and rules/regulations as I have some experience working with students with speech disorders as part of my Bachelors degree coursework. IEPs for speech are different than those for special ed, but I'm just worried about understanding/remembering the rules and regulations for IEPs. I just remembered the other day that I need to make sure everyone attending the IEP meetings signs in and the signature sheet is turned in with the IEP. I've also been doing a few google searches looking for extra tips and important information relating to IEPs.

Can anyone, especially special ed teachers with experience, provide me with any extra tips, support, recommendations, or suggestions before I start my first day on Monday? Any definite do's/don't's? How often should I keep in touch with the principal? Please help!!

musicmeg222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net