ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Please, please donít judge me
View Single Post

pdxteacher

Old 03-01-2019, 06:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I get it. Being bored working with a student can really make time slow down.

Have you thought about using some new materials? Especially Education has a new Made For Me Literacy program that my low students are really loving. The Autism Helper also has great materials.

And, sometimes when students are low but not a behavior issue, I ask them to participate in groups with students whose skills are higher. Even if she can't do everything in the group, participating and learning with others is often beneficial. So if a group is working on adding manipulatives, could she "find the blue block" with the help of her aide? In reading groups when others are taking turns identifying or reading sentences, can she point to a specific item in the book?

I know when you're just stuck in the grind it can be hard to see alternatives. I am right there with a student who has decided hitting and kicking the crap out of me is a fun way to spend the day. I'm asking a teacher friend that I trust to come in and see what I might be missing/something different I could try - do you have someone who could do that for you?

Hang in there.
pdxteacher is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net