ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Resource involvement in conferences
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 03-16-2019, 07:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Our parents also RSVP, but it's all online and each teacher has created their own password and login. They either need to send us the link so we can see the whole schedule (there is no way to look it up without knowing that specific teacher's link) or send the times for our students. I only have 1-2 parents each year who don't sign up. I work in K-3 where parents still tend to be pretty interested in this sort of thing.

I get that it's their show and part of me is happy that they're owning all of the kids instead of seeing them as just "my kids." I really just worry about how it looks to parents. I guess in my mind if we're not really going to worry about conferences, we need to stop telling parents we'll be at them in IEP meetings and instead tell them to specifically seek us out if they have questions.

I see most of my kids for about an hour a day as well, but my needier students are also spending time with interventionists, EL teachers, OT/SLP/Psych, etc. Between all of their services, grade level intervention blocks, and EL time (lots of my kids are EL), lunch/recess and specials, some of them are literally spending about the same time with their classroom teacher as they are with me, and I have them for multiple years.

Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net