ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Co-Teaching
Thread: Co-Teaching
View Single Post

needsadvice

Old 04-13-2019, 05:22 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Haley23's hit the nail on the head. This is the big new trend in special education. I have seen it in every grade level, and frankly do not think this is the best strategy for special ed. kids. It sometimes works for those kids that are very motivated, have parent involvement and aren't that far behind in academics. We are often used as an aide, walking around the room to guide behavior and help our kids keep up. Depending on the general education teacher, they aren't always so keen in our students being in the class, or even the RSP teacher being there. I believe there should be a choice depending on the needs of the student. Where is the I (Individual) in IEP, when there often is no choice but co-teaching at the high school or middle school? I am now at a elementary school and am doing this for the 4th and 5th graders, but how do they expect me to be in all 28 of my students' classrooms? Kids generally like coming in and getting more help through the pull out model. If they ask me to do this at all level, frankly it will be my time to retire.
needsadvice is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net