ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Playroom in main living area
View Single Post

shopperc

Playroom in main living area
Old 12-18-2011, 07:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our house has an open floor plan. Our kitchen flows into the living room and the office area. When we moved in a year and a half ago we turned the basement area into a playroom and have basically kept toys out of our main living area. We have two boys (5 1/2 and 5 mos). Our son has never really played in the playroom in the basement because he says he doesn't like to be down there alone, away from us. We know with a baby that we are going to have toys around for quite a while more.

Well, tonight DS posed an interesting question. He asked if we could turn the office area of our main floor into a playroom. He said he would play with his toys more. We always complain to him that he needs to play with his toys more and not focus on being around us constantly.

I have to admit that I am a pretty picky housekeeper and very much into the design and organization of my house. This is why I don't really like too many toys around. But with two active boys, I may need to move on from this. Does anyone out there have a playroom as part of their main living area? Does it look nice? Have you found a way to work it into your decor? I'm willing to try this but want to see some ideas first.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net