ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Playroom in main living area
View Single Post

Eucalyptus

I have 7 year old boys...
Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

... and a small house... and they STILL don't like playing in our "playroom" (the bedroom at the end of the hallway - which is only 10m long... so 10 steps from the kitchen/tv room)... even together ... aged 7!!!! They still prefer to be near me.

In our house, DH is the neat freak... so when he is not home (school holidays etc), I allow them to spread out to be near me (my office is halfway between kitchen/tv room and the playroom)... DH and I have an understanding... as long as he calls when he is leaving work (which can be anywhere from 1/2 an hour from home, up to 2 hours from home depending on the day)... he can expect a tidy tv room/kitchen area when he arrives home. If he turns up unannounced... expect it to be chaos!

The minute we know he is coming home, it all gets packed away to the playroom... and usually... the kids end up watching TV in the tv room (nearer to me) until he gets home! They really don't like to be far away

Kids need to be close to a grown up - even when it seems they are playing alone or with each other. It's comfort for them.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net