ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Parent Volunteers
View Single Post

vateacher

Old 02-10-2013, 05:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have two parents who come in on a regular basis. One does literacy activities, one does math activities. I keep a basket for each with activities and the names of the children they should do them with written on sticky notes stuck to the activities in each basket. It's mostly review or remediation games/activities or flash cards or sorts.

I also have three high school interns that come into my room, one every day for 2 hours, one on MWF for an hour and a half and one on T/TH for an hour and a half. They read for AR with my kids, do flash cards, help kids do homework when no one would do it with them at home and sit with kids while they take make-up tests when they've been absent. My kids are second grade so they're more able to take tests independently and such.

As you can see, I love having parent volunteers. At the beginning of the year I print out a parent interest survey and send it home right away. I typically get a good return. SOme parents are willing to work from home and make things, some are willing to only come for parties and such, and others, like these two, were able to set up a regular time with me. I also have some moms who are willing to come whenever I need them.

If you need any help or more hints, just pm me! GOod luck!
vateacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net