ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Go Math
Thread: Go Math
View Single Post

SuzieCue

Old 06-10-2013, 05:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I taught Go Math for the first time this last year to grades 3,4 and 5. There are 2 math "workbooks" which are paperback. They lasted quite well to all the wear and tear throughout the year without falling apart. I mandated that the pages NOT be torn out at any time for any reason. If they "fell" out then they were taped back into the book. The thicker book gave the how to pages and some in class practice with the new concept. The thinner book was a practice book. For each lesson it had two pages of work. The first page was practice. The second page had 6 problems--2 were the new concept and 4 were review of previous concepts.

The thing about Go Math that I liked was that the teacher could set up accounts for each student on-line at Think Central to act as a resource for the student or parent when they were at home. They could access both books in an on-line format so no excuse like "I left my math book at school" worked because they could find in on-line at home. It also had tutorials and interactive games for the student.

SuzieCue is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net