ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Made My First Report to DSS
View Single Post

Mrs. Bee

My best friend...
Old 07-23-2013, 06:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

accidentally threw a hairbrush at her daughter and snagged her in her eye. The school filed and it was investigated. My friend was mad and embarrassed but I reminded her that in this day and age, our kids need advocates.

And then years ago, my goofy daughter, who was in high school at the time, was playing around teasing me like she was going to jab at me...and due to physics, I grabbed her hand at the right moment and sent it back at her and, "POP". She laughed and the next morning, there was a big ole' shiner. So when I got to school (I work in the same district we live) I told our secretary what had happened and if I got a call, well, I'd need to talk to them. Later that evening, my daughter told me her guidance office had talked to her, and she'd told them what had happened. But I'm glad they did talk to her.

Sometimes I wish parents realized how much our "little windows" pick up on and that because they feel secure with us, we hear and have to decipher so much in order to make sure they're protected. I applaud you for acting on it. It can be scary to do the right thing. Isn't that what we tell our little ones?
Mrs. Bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net