ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What Do I Do About Girl Drama?
View Single Post

slg

Been there
Old 07-27-2013, 01:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

It is so true that some years are better than others, but you will always deal with a little of it--even in 2nd where I am. After the first week or few days of class have the students brainstorm how they want to be treated by others, by you, etc. Record their ideas with simple phrases--listen to each other, include anyone, apologize, etc. You can everyone sign off on it so when they do step out of bounds you can say "Hey, we agreed on this, remember?" Reading picture books that deal with relationships can be a starting point to think/talk about things.

I had a year once where the drama was eating into instructional time, and all the drama was affecting class morale. Then I bought little notepads for the chief instigators to use just like the PP said. I wrote back to each girl when I had the chance-either correction or encouragement. These did not leave the room and were NOT shared with parents.

Dealing with girl drama is one of my least favorite behavior issues to deal with. So sorry you have to deal with it!
slg is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net