ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What would you be doing tonight?
View Single Post

believeinyou

What would you be doing tonight?
Old 08-31-2015, 06:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I think I've lost myself in the past years of becoming a teacher. I honestly thought I would find myself, but I think I'm very lost.

The thought just crossed my mind as I'm grading papers, searching for ideas and thinking about tomorrows plans, WHAT would I be doing if I weren't a teacher? Would I have a hobby? Would I have a life? What would it be like to not have to bring home work every night just so you can finish your day? Would Pinterest be such a big part of my life? Would my room look like a bedroom instead of a 2nd classroom? Would I have $$ to do things? What would it be like to go into a store and not look at things and wonder how they could be used in the classroom? What would it be like to work around adults and have adult conversations again?

How do you find a balance? I don't even exercise anymore because I'm just so emotionally and physically drained by the end of the day I can't even bring myself to do it.

How do you know when it's taken over your life and you need something else? How do you know the difference between dedication and stupidity? I mean seriously, if my bosses way back when would have said "take this home and bring it back completed tomorrow". I would have told them forget it. Now it's a nightly thing and expected. Work late, take work home, work on weekends, come in on weekends.... when does it stop!

believeinyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net