ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do I discipline all or let a few gwt away with murder?
View Single Post

MnToCa

Do I discipline all or let a few gwt away with murder?
Old 01-03-2016, 11:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am in my 2nd year teaching and found myself on a terrible situation. My class has 5 severe behavior problems put of 27 students, and I have zero support from my principal. She isn't offering me tenure since she says even though those 5 students are misbehaving the rest of your class should be perfect. Just an FYI those 5 students have behaviors like yelling, screaming, crying, throwing stuff, flipping desks, saying F you to me, and theft. Two of my students were yelling at each other during my observation with my principal, with one cringing under her desk at the conclusion when I told her to move to a different seat, yet my principal still says she's an outlier and the other students should've been perfect while that was going on.

Anyway. I am writing this to ask for advice. What do I do if I have 22 students standing in line relatively perfect and 5 students are talking pushing etc.? I have incentive programs that I reward with and I disciple with as well buy nothing seems to work. Then what happens is those 22 students start to turn to the dark side if those 5 students are misbehaving since they see them get away woth stuff so they think then it's ok.

MnToCa is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net