ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do I discipline all or let a few gwt away with murder?
View Single Post

daffodils

behavior
Old 01-04-2016, 09:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Are the five students with behavior problems on an IEP or 504 plan? If so, does it address behavior? If it does, follow what it says. If not, the plan should be re-addressed and behavior goals added in.

If the students are NOT on IEP or 504 plans, then discipline them promptly and sternly and do the same for any child not following the rules. Obviously your P isn't supportive, but I'd have very strict If this____ then this ____. Practice the rules and the consequences and enforce them.

When I had a humdinger student with no IEP or 504 plan, he missed out on a lot of fun activities because he couldn't follow my rules--instead of going in and sitting at his seat and getting out his science items before an experiment, he'd run around and yell. So he had to watch the experiment rather than participate in it because he hadn't heard the directions. Try to make consequences logical when possible, though reward systems are fine if they're working!
daffodils is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net