ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Not sure how much longer I can do this.
View Single Post

NJ Teacher

Careers...
Old 01-29-2019, 03:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

My public library has certified librarians, but they also have non-certified personnel who help shelve the books, help with story hour etc.

There are private tutoring companies like Huntington Learning Center that I know some people work at. Many teachers also tutor as individuals.

Some people on here have mentioned online teaching. I think there is a board devoted to that now.

Retail work if you don't mind the hours. Lots of stores seem to be looking for help in my area.

I retired in June with 42 years in. I had hoped to work a couple more years till age 66, when I will be at full social security age. Because of the things you mentioned: the lack of fun, the knots in my stomach, the not wanting to go to school because of the stress and pressure, the competition among colleagues because of the observation system, a principal who I didn't like, all the curriculum changes and on and on, I left. I have not missed it one bit and have never been happier.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net