ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do schools care about how much you spend on insurance?
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 12-06-2020, 03:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Do schools have access to how much each individual employee spends? If so, that seems like kind of a scary thing! That makes me think they would try to push people who have health issues out.

I do know that this year when we got an explanation of our benefits, we were told that we were "extremely lucky" that our health insurance cost didn't go up, and something to the tune of, "Good job employees! This means people are making sure they're taking preventative measures to stay healthy!" AKA, the reason our price didn't go up is because not too many people are getting expensive procedures done. But IDK if they would know individuals who are getting expensive stuff done, or just how much money overall is being spent by the entire employee group. It seems like a privacy violation for them to know how much an individual is spending, although I guess maybe if it were just an amount and didn't say what the procedure was, that might be different.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net