ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Two year olds are for young people
View Single Post

twin2

Two year olds are for young people
Old 01-08-2021, 08:19 PM

Jiro, my grandson in Tokyo, asked to call Gramma tonight! Definitely a win! My son said he has been asking to call Gramma recently. Last week they had to call me back because he didn't get to say goodbye to me and couldn't enjoy their nightly story time until he calmed down. My son and I talk on the phone almost every day and Jiro usually is allowed to take the phone and talk to me. He's two, so that means he takes me all around the apartment showing me what he is doing. Early on I was shut in drawers, placed into toy (real given to him) pots, and hidden under shelving. I've even been up and down the toy slide in his room. He showed me his Christmas tree last month. I get to see books, toys, and random stuff around their home. Now he has learned to carry the phone around with him and the house is a blur until he stops to show me mama cooking dinner, or baby brother crawling on the floor. He shows me whatever he is doing and he tries to tell me about it. He mostly speaks jibberish, but he has taught me some Japanese words by bringing to life whatever word he has recently started speaking and amazes me as I start to understand some of his English. In the meantime, I am really loving that he tries to show me things. It was mid morning there, so he had lots of energy. His mama was cleaning in the entry way and his papa disappeared for a few minutes. Things were quite blurry as he ran, but I recognized the tile in the entry way and I thought I saw his mama's arm but I wasn't sure. Then all of a sudden I recognized the tile outside the door and I saw sunlight. Then we lost connection. I panicked. I started calling out to his mama and papa, not knowing if anyone could hear me. Then I heard his mama laughing and they were back inside. I think she ran after him as soon as he headed for the door and had him in her arms immediately, but I tend to over-react. He was likely very safe, because Tokyo is usually a safe place to be and her parents live at the other end of the hall. I guess the word "hall" works - its an outside walkway to the elevator and other doors. I wonder if he would have wandered to his jiji and baba's door if his escape went unnoticed. They've child-proofed almost everything else. I guess its time to child-proof the door. This gramma is tired after all that excitement!

twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net